Monday 19 August 2013

Meet The Real Life Rapunzel, Has Grown Dreadlocks For 25 Years And Now Weigh 3 Stone.

She is the real life Rapunzel with 55ft long dreadlocks that are longer than a bus.Despite being warned by doctors that her hair that weighs three stone could paralyse her, Asha Mandela said she will never cut them.The mother-of-one from Atlanta, Georgia, said: 'My hair has become part of me. It is my life. I will never cut it.

'Cutting it would be equivalent to suicide. It would be like being a zombie.'

Mrs Mandela, 47, holds the Guinness World Record for the longest dreadlocks.
Doctors have asked her to cut her hair for health reasons, doctors have said their main concern is the weight of the hair.
She said: 'The doctors seem to think I have a curvature of my spine and that it's the length and the weight of my hair that's making me curve.

'Some have said my neck has collapsed at the back and that I need to be careful because I could start having spasms in my spine and probably be paralysed.'

Mrs Mandela, who has a 11-year-old son, Zion, with her second husband, said her hair has helped her love life.

She said: 'My hair has never caused a problem with intimacy. I think it adds a little spice on top.'

Mrs Mandela, who is happily married to her third husband, was born in Trinidad and Tobago.

She began growing her hair 25 years ago following a 'spiritual calling'.


7 comments:

  1. what is this? y is she taking the risk? She has been warned by her doctor and still decides to keep it. brrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. rite i love this part 'My hair has never caused a problem with intimacy. I think it adds a little spice on top.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair has never caused a problem with intimacy and you are in your third marriage. Ok o....

    ReplyDelete

  5. 'Cutting it would be equivalent to suicide. It would be like being a zombie
    it very overrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. she looks like an old lady

    ReplyDelete
  7. "she looks like an old lady"

    ^Well, she's been growing her hair for 25 years, so she probably /is/ an old lady. She probably started growing it when she was around 20, but I have no idea. I'd say she's around 40 or something like that in this picture, and that's not old.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Drop a Comment